Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mio (Moov) PATHS.XML problem

So, you managed to modify your PATHS.XML file and now you cannot connect to you device via USB?

Don't panic, there is a solution:

Disconnect your device from any power source and leave it powered on... when battery drains out (no image on your screen), plug-in your USB cable and device should recognize it. If not, restart device and try again until you succeed.

Finally, when you manage to connect to device, open you PATHS.XML file and replace you text with original one (text below is for MioMoov 330, I didn't tested other devices):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<paths>
  <filegroup> 
    <name>appstartupsec</name>
    <basepath>\Program Files\MioMap</basepath> 
    <files>
      <file>AppStartupSec.exe</file>
    </files>
  </filegroup> 
</paths>


After that, save this file and restart you device to see if everything is OK. If not, repeat whole procedure until succed.

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry Miljan, but at first I thought this is BS :) I tried multiple times with no avail. But then I discovered that my Mio Moov 200 does not fully drain the battery. The screen goes black when turned on, but it still has some more juice left. I switched to off and on again repeatedly until the screen never lid up. Then I tried connecting it and BOOM! there it was! Thank you so much for this article, saved my butt! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem mate :)

    For more information about GPS devices sand iGO navigation, visit my site: https://sites.google.com/site/igomionavi/

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the same problem with Mio F460 and I cant fixed.

    ReplyDelete